Raise Awareness For ALS – Support ALS Therapy Development Institute

• 55
  • 38
  • 1
  • 41
  • 69

Would you like to support ALS Therapy Development Institute and raise awareness for the disease? I am glad you asked, as I am here to tell you all about it…Read On!

ALS Therapy Development Institute

ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig’s Disease) is one of the worst diseases we know of. In people with ALS, motor neurons deteriorate leading to muscle weakness and paralysis. Every 90 minutes, someone is diagnosed with ALS, and most people live 2-5 years after their first signs of disease. There is currently no treatment or cure.

Linquia has teamed up with ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI)–a non-profit biotech 100% focused on finding a treatment and cure–to build awareness of the disease and raise funds for research. So take action by joining the #WhatWouldYouGive National Campaign this year to raise$50,000 through our collective efforts.

ALS is not incurable, just underfunded. Please donate today!

Please take some time to learn about the ALS Therapy Development Institute in their efforts to find a cure for ALS. You can also help by:

• Starting a fundraiser
  • Making a donation
  • Attending a fundraiser
  • Advocating on social media (#endALS; #WhatWouldYouGive)
  • Participating in an in-person meeting
ALS is not incurable, just underfunded. Please donate today!

So what are you waiting for? Show your support for the ALS Therapy Development Institute and help them reach their goal to reach $50,000 this year.

• 55
  • 38
  • 1
  • 41
  • 69
  • 55
  • 38
  • 1
  • 41
  • 69

1. Diane Tamar says:

I have ADHD, OCD, depression, primary biliary cirrhosis (autoimmune disease) and ALS. I didn’t have health care I just thought it was a stroke, but it started with my voice. When it started to get worse I went to a neurologist. and was diagonised with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. i was able to walk with assistance nothing was really working to help my condition.I went off the riluzole (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis herbal formula i ordered from Health Herbal Clinic, Just 7 weeks into the Herbal formula treatment I had great improvements with my slurred speech, this is a breakthrough for all amyotrophic lateral sclerosis sufferers, visit Health Herbal Clinic official website

2. Nicole says:

I had no idea that ALS was not incurable. This was very educational and helpful. I remember when the ice bucket challenge has started and got a lot of people talking about ALS. We should definitely keep trying to use social media platforms to keep people talking about such important subjects!

3. Thanks for this. I wasn’t aware of ALS but it’s important to spread the word so that more people are aware.

4. Jhumki Nag says:

This is such a serious problem and really more people should be aware about it. Thanks for sharing this post.

5. Missy says:

Thanks for raising awareness about this condition. I’ll admit that I kind of forgot about it after my Facebook friends stopped doing the ice bucket challenge.

6. Oyinkan says:

I love that you’re using your platform to support a cause & raise awareness. It’s important

7. Adaleta says:

I really didn’t know much so I learned a lot from this post. think we should all educate ourselves more to be aware and understand.

8. My mom best Friend had ALS, it is a life changing disease. Thanks for sharing the info.

9. Bobbi says:

ALS is one of those things that is so under talked about. Important to raise the awareness.

10. Anne Yedlin says:

ALS is very serious. I’ve cared for many with the disease, it’s just so debilitating so bringing awareness to it is very important.

11. I didn’t know about this disease until I read this post. Thanks for sharing awareness. I hope more people are aware of that there’s hope and fund is needed for a good cause.

12. Garf says:

I did not know what ALS was until now. Thanks for sharing this information and for raising awareness.

13. Andrea says:

I haven’t heard much about ALS, but raising awareness is crucial.

14. Thanks for sharing so much about ALS. I didn’t realize exactly how much I didn’t know until now.

15. Becky Willis says:

I think that it is hard that it is underfunded. I have known a couple people that have died from ALS and it makes me sad to think it possibly could have been curable if there were more money going to it.

Becky, it just seems to me that funding for medical research is skewed to just some diseases. I am glad that the word is going out about ALS

16. I think we should do more fundraisers like the ice bucket challenge. It was such a great way to raise money for ALS.

17. Shannon Sawicki says:

I personally don’t know anyone that has this but I know that it is a terrible disease. raising awareness for any disease is important.

18. gingermommy says:

It really is important to raise awareness for ALS. It is such a painful thing to experience. Thank you so much!

19. I first heard about ALS many years ago. I hope to live to see a day where it and other conditions like it are cured.

20. Anita Anderson says:

I heard about ALS through the bucket challenged. It helped raise money for ALS but more needs to be done. I just learned there is no cure. Wow.

Anita, I understand that it is curable but just underfunded. I agree with you that more needs to be done about ALS

21. Brandy says:

I hadn’t heard of ALS before, glad you are spreading the word about it so that more people, like me, who have no idea can be more aware and try to help in any way possible, even if it’s just having empathy and compassion for their friend who has ALS.

22. Jen Temcio says:

I could send my son out on Trick – or – Treat to collect money along with his candy! If he asked everyone for spare change, it could add up for ALS.

23. ALS is a horrible disease. I do hope they find a cure. I didn’t realize it was that prevalent.

24. 1stopmom says:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this information about ALS. While I don’t know anyone personally affected by it, I am still interested in helping.

I think starting a fundraiser together with some friends could be a really good idea. I definitely think it’s important to raise awareness for ALS and hopefully help researchers out!

26. Tara Pittman says:

It is sad to think that ALS is underfunded. Awareness is always a good thing to help with research

27. ALS sounds like a terrible disease to have to deal with. I am all for a cause that helps find treatments, preventions, and cures!

Heather it really does. Sometimes we do not pay attention until these things touch those close to us. I hope this moves at least one person to donate to ALS research.

28. Julie Cohn says:

I did not realize ALS was not curable. I had a relative with it years ago and it was sad to watch him deteriorate. I hope they find a cure!

Julie it is not incurable, just underfunded based on what I understand. So they need money for research.

29. I am glad to learn more about what is being done for ALS. It is heartening to know that there is a cure and that more money would help find it!

30. Jeanette says:

I have seen a couple of people with this horrible disease. It is definitely something we should be motivated to try to get rid of. Raising awareness is a great way to do that.

Jeanette, I don’t personally know anyone with it, but this is just a horrible thing that we should all be aware of.

31. Neely Moldovan says:

So important to raise awareness for this! My aunt had it and it was so painful to see!