Elevator Speech Prep For Marketing Your Business
July 28, 2017 is National Talk in an Elevator Day. When was the last time you practiced your elevator speech to sell your business or services?
What Is An Elevator Speech?
An elevator speech is a short speech that you give to tell others about your business or services. Emphasis is on the word “short,” so it is worth your while to practice, so that you can give the most information about your business in 30 seconds. Many persons think ” oh well, that’s easy to do” but it is not as easy as you think. Sometimes you only have a short time to make a lasting impression, so you should make every moment count.
Tips For A Great Elevator Speech
- Craft an opening phrase that will grab attention
- Say what your company does or what services you provide in one sentence
- Be flexible in case you have to change what you practice on the spot
- Ask for constructive feedback from friends and relatives
- Practice your timing (30 seconds for the entire speech)
This speech is all about practice and there is no getting around that. Most persons are busy so you have to make that 30 second speech count. So go practice and start telling persons about your business or services.
All pics are courtesy of Canva and Pixabay!
© 2017 Mardene Carr