Happy Healthy Vagina – Are You Ignoring Your Vaginal Health

• 9

Are you concerned about your vaginal health? Too many women are not paying close attention to their vaginas, but we really should pay attention.

Vaginal Health

Every woman should be concerned about her vaginal health. A healthy vagina is naturally acidic and contains the right amounts of bacteria that can help to fend off any infections. Contrary to what many women believe, the vagina actually cleans itself.  So, apart from soap and water, we don’t really need to do much more to keep it clean.

Tips For A Healthy Vagina

• Stay away from douching
  • Avoid harsh soaps or cleansers
  • Maintain a healthy diet
  • Keep harmful bacteria out
  • Visit your gynecologist when necessary
  • If infections arise treat these early
  • Wipe from front to back
  • When you are at home go commando
  • Practice kegel exercises to strenghten the pelvic floor muscle
A healthy vagina will secrete small amounts of discharge to keep itself clean.

Vaginal Health Is Important

• If you must use lubrication, try to avoid petroleum jelly
  • Watch the soap or body wash that you use – plain, unscented soap is best
  • Wear cotton underwear
  • Avoid tight fitting clothing
  • Minimize the wearing of thongs
  • Change out of wet or sweaty clothes ASAP
  • Change sanitary pads and tampons often
  • Do not overuse panty-shields whenever you are not having your period
  • Go easy on anti-biotics
Interference with the normal conditions in the vagina can cause irritation or infection.

What do you do to keep your vagina healthy?

Follow Me: Facebook      Twitter      Pinterest      Google+     Stumbleupon    Bloglovin

• 9
  • 9

1. these are great tips! I never really thought that you could overuse pantyliners

2. It’s so important to take care of your vaginal health. This is very informative, especially for younger women.

Toughcookiemommy, I think the older women are the ones who resist the information more

3. Feminine health no doubt is as important as overall health. So these tips are appreciated people needs education on this specially young women.

Adriana I thought it was just young women who needed it but I realize that they are more open to this than older women.

4. These are some great tips. When I was younger I was encouraged to use douches and later found out that they were causing me to have bad vaginal health. As I learned more i knew not to use them.

5. I have given up panties a long time ago… my gyno told me to stop wearing them because i kept getting yeast infections… i really don’t know too many women in my circle that wear panties anymore… I love being FREE!

EjnosillA, I don’t think many women realize how important this is. Good for you on being FREE

6. Jolleen says:

This is something as women we don’t really talk about, but need to! Having a healthy body is important! These are great reminders. I have never done douching and don’t plan to. All I have heard is negative things about it.

Jolleen, good for you that you are not douching, I wish more women would get the facts.

7. GiGi Eats says:

I don’t really pay much attention to vaginal health, but at the same time, I let it do its thing… No douching or anything of that sort. I just live a healthy lifestyle in general, thus it translates to the nether regions!

8. Katrina gehman says:

great tips. taking care of yourself is super important. saving this and sharing with a few friends.

9. gingermommy says:

So very important to talk about this. Many people are too embarrassed and will not even talk to their dr

Gingermommy I know, that is why I am hoping they will read this

It’s really sad that douching is actually a negative thing. You’d think a good cleanse would be a good thing, but it’s definitely not. This is all great advice.

Liz that is what the people who sell the douches want people to think…

11. Mary says:

This is something I’ve actually been thinking about more often lately. I recently had an IUD insertion, and since then, it’s really had me thinking.

Making sure to go commando when home or even if just when you’re sleeping is on my favorite things that promotes health. It’s also always important to use a good pro-biotic when on antibiotics.

Mary, I so hate antibiotics because of what it can do to your vaginal health.

12. These are some great tips. When I was younger I was encouraged to use douches and later found out that they were causing me to have bad vaginal health.

13. Neely Moldovan says:

Such great tips. Its so important to take good care of every part of yourself.

Oh yes Neely..unfortunately too many women ignore that very important part of their bodies.

14. Great tips! I love a good cotton undies coz’ it feels comfortable and airy.

15. Brandy says:

I have heard mixed things about douching, my mom always said you needed to. I have not ever done it for I heard it can mess with your natural chemicals within your vagina. Glad you shared these tips, They surely will help us women!

Brandy I have never douched either. I think many of our parents felt it was important. But the vagina can actually clean itself

16. Neha Saini says:

It’s really important for girls to check out their vaginal issues. And care for this part of body as they do care for other parts.

17. Divya says:

Proper hygiene is crucial to avoid infections. It’s important to bring awareness to this – especially because it’s not really a comfortable topic to talk about with younger people so it generally gets swept under the rug.

Divya, I don’t think it is a comfortable age regardless of the age of the women.

18. Nellwyn says:

This is really important information, particularly for younger women. Avoiding overly perfumed soaps and bath products is really important.

Nellwyn I have seen girls spraying perfume in that region and I literally cringe