Christianity Make us Better Employees
Christianity should really make us better employees. I have heard this comment too many times and I feel I need to address this issue. Now before I start, I want to make it clear that nobody is perfect but there are a few things I believe that we should bring to the table as people in the workplace who call ourselves Christians. There are many exemplary Christian employees but there are many others who need to really pull up their socks.
Christianity Makes Us Better Employees
- Get to work on time
- Work the hours we are assigned
- Take the allotted break and lunch time
- Do an honest day’s work
- Respect those who supervise us – even when we do not think they should be there
- Respect our co-workers – even the ones who are hard to work with
- Be the best worker that company has ever seen
- Be easy to work with
- Not witness during work time (including via company email) – do that on your break, bearing in mind the policies of the company
- Not read bible during work hours – do that on your break
- Respect company policies
- Be hard working, diligent and responsible
Now as I said nobody is perfect but we have to look into ourselves as Christians out there in the work place on a daily basis. What would Jesus Do? Is this how a Child of God should behave on the job? Is God pleased with the way I deal with my co-workers? is God pleased with the way I handle myself at work?
We must be careful that we are not merely hearing the Word because that is just half of the equation. For us to be better workers, we must also practice the Word when we are on the job. Much is at stake when we do not!