Happy Healthy Vagina – Are You Ignoring Your Vaginal Health
Are you concerned about your vaginal health? Too many women are not paying close attention to their vaginas, but we really should pay attention.
Every woman should be concerned about her vaginal health. A healthy vagina is naturally acidic and contains the right amounts of bacteria that can help to fend off any infections. Contrary to what many women believe, the vagina actually cleans itself. So, apart from soap and water, we don’t really need to do much more to keep it clean.
Tips For A Healthy Vagina
- Stay away from douching
- Avoid harsh soaps or cleansers
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Keep harmful bacteria out
- Visit your gynecologist when necessary
- If infections arise treat these early
- Wipe from front to back
- When you are at home go commando
- Practice kegel exercises to strenghten the pelvic floor muscle
Vaginal Health Is Important
- If you must use lubrication, try to avoid petroleum jelly
- Watch the soap or body wash that you use – plain, unscented soap is best
- Wear cotton underwear
- Avoid tight fitting clothing
- Minimize the wearing of thongs
- Change out of wet or sweaty clothes ASAP
- Change sanitary pads and tampons often
- Do not overuse panty-shields whenever you are not having your period
- Go easy on anti-biotics
What do you do to keep your vagina healthy?