11 Netflix Documentaries Worth Watching

Are you a fan of Netflix Documentaries?  Let me be the first to say I love what Netflix is doing to bring so many things to our attention.   I am a true fan.

Netflix Documentaries

Netflix Documentaries

13th

Filmmaker Ava DuVernay explores the history of racial inequality in the United States, focusing on the fact that the nation’s prisons are disproportionately filled with African-Americans.

Fed Up

Everything we’ve been told about food and exercise for the past 30 years is dead wrong. FED UP is the film the food industry doesn’t want you to see. From Katie Couric, Laurie David (Oscar winning producer of AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH) and director Stephanie Soechtig, FED UP will change the way you eat forever.

Food Chains

In this exposé, an intrepid group of Florida farmworkers battle to defeat the $4 trillion global supermarket industry through their ingenious Fair Food program, which partners with growers and retailers to improve working conditions for farm laborers in the United States.

Food Choices

Join award-winning filmmaker Michal Siewierski on his three-year journey to expose the truth about our food choices. This ground-breaking documentary explores the impact that food choices have on people’s health, the health of our planet and on the lives of other living species.

Food Matters

With a staggering number of Americans suffering from obesity and other food-related maladies, this film takes a timely and hard-hitting look at how the food we eat is helping or hurting our health, and what we can do to live (and eat) better.

Hungry For Change

Exposes shocking secrets the diet, weightloss and food industry don’t want you to know about; deceptive strategies designed to keep you coming back for more. Find out what’s keeping you from having the body and health you deserve and how to escape the diet trap forever.

Human Experiment

Sean Penn narrates this eye opening documentary about the dangers of untested chemicals in household chemicals.

Living On One Dollar

How do 1.1 billion people around the world live on less than one dollar a day? Four young friends set out to research and live this reality. Armed with only a video camera and a desire to understand, they spend just 56 dollars each for 56 days in rural Pena Blanca, Guatemala

Minimalism

How might your life be better with less? Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things examines the many flavors of minimalism by taking the audience inside the lives of minimalists from all walks of life

Plant Pure Nation

Tells the story of three people on a quest to spread the message of one of the most important health breakthroughs of all time.

Sugar Coated

For forty years, Big Sugar deflected all threats to its multi-billion dollar empire, while sweetening the world’s food supply. As obesity, diabetes, and heart disease rates skyrocket, doctors are now treating the first generation of children suffering from fatty liver disease.

Netflix Documentaries are worth watching.  These are just a few of the many that are available for a minimal monthly fee.   If you are not ready to commit, you can sign up for a 30 day trial to see if this is something that you will like.   Join with a friend to split the very minimal cost to sweeten the pot even further.  Happy binge watching!

Follow Me: Facebook      Twitter      Pinterest      Google+     Stumbleupon    Bloglovin

1. Blair villanueva says:

Wow thank you for your list. Am bookmarking this for my movie marathon weekend 🙂 Heaven sent!

2. Razia says:

Netflix have always intrigued me by the big aura of interesting documentaries. Thank you for the suggestions though.

3. Andrea says:

Minimalism changed my life! I love watching documentaries on Netflix – there is so much to learn. There are a few I am adding to my watch list — thanks!

4. Wildish Jess says:

Oh, I love a good documentary! Surprisingly, I haven’t seen any of these either!

5. Katrina gehman says:

i love netflix and have watched a few of these. i’ll have to chek the rest out soon.

6. Crystal says:

It’s going to be the summer of Netflix documentaries. They all sound like such important topics, mainly our health.

7. Khushboo says:

Netflix is quite new in India and I haven’t hard the chance to sign up for it yet. When I do, I am going to watch the documentaries you have recommended! Living on One Dollar sounds interesting.

I love this! Documentaries are always fun to watch and I think these are definitely worth checking out. I love watching Netlfix because of the documentaries that they have.

9. I enjoy watching documentaries because they’re educational and you get to understand more about how the world works. This is a nice line up of shows to watch.

10. CourtneyLynne says:

Documentaries are my favorite!!!!! I haven’t heard of a few of these, so next time I feel like binge watching something, I will have to check these out

11. Josselyn Radillo says:

I’m gonna add them to my list to watch right now. I like to watch this kind of things

12. Leigh Anne Borders says:

These look like some interesting documentaries to watch on Netflix. I would be interested in the Living on a dollar a day.

13. Elena says:

I am definitely watching most of this documentaries. I think that i have seen all the TV series so far 🙂

14. Echo says:

I love documentaries on Netflix. Some of them are so real and gritty.

15. I love weekends because I start looking at what to watch all weekend on Netflix. I think I’ll start with Minimalism and go through several others on your list.

16. Mary says:

I’m addicted to Netflix documentaries. While some are not attention getting, the ones you listed seem to be pretty good. I haven’t watched it yet, but a Nutritionist acquaintance of mine said Hungry for Change was fantastic.

17. Czjai says:

Great selection of shows! Bookmarking these for a lazy weekend. 🙂

18. Brandy says:

I have not watched these ones. I have been going to Netflix though on kid-free weekends to watch some shows about food. I have been intrigued by all that is common sense and sadly not everyone realizes it. Love these ideas, marking them down for my next documentary binge on Netflix!

19. I’m going to have to watch these documentaries. I love Netflix shows and these sound really eye-opening.

20. make me think about the healthy food to my family.

21. Anosa says:

I love streaming on Netflix whenever I have the time and want to watch. This are indeed great list. I need to bookmark this now.

22. Annemarie LeBlanc says:

I am interested to see Living on One Dollar and Minimalism. I know it is going to teach me how to appreciate what I have right now when some people have so much less. It will also help me to not want things that are not essential to living.

Annemarie that is exactly what it taught me or reminded me, I should say.

23. Jennifer says:

I’ll have to check some of these docs out. My mom told me about 13th and she told me it’s really good. My husband and teenage son are also really into documentaries so I think they would find your recommendation list very useful!

24. Tara Pittman says:

Lots of good shows that I want to watch. The food choices looks awesome.

Tara there are so many that I still need to watch. So worth the subscription

25. Divya says:

Some of these documentaries have completely transformed the way people live their lives! I feel like I should watch some of these food ones. I would probably be more inclined to make healthier choices throughout the day!

Divya or it might make you not want to eat again without a lot of though….LOL