Why You Should Drink Ginger Tea

I have a cup of ginger tea every morning and and I try to have another cup before going to bed.

Ginger tea

Drinking  Ginger Tea

When I am drinking ginger tea, I use the ginger root.   I try my best to purchase the ginger at an organic store since I will be boiling the root for drinking.   I crush the root, wash then place in a pot until the smell of fresh ginger fills the room. Then I pour a cup without sugar and have that first thing in the morning.  Now I have to warn you, this is not for sissies….lolrotf…without sugar and straight up ginger, it is an acquired taste.  I try to drink at least 2 cups per day if I can.

Drinking ginger root tea is one of the ways you can take better care of yourself.  Ginger is beneficial for health and it is not hard to find, neither is it expensive.

Benefits Of Drinking Ginger Root Tea

1. Relieves nausea and vomiting
  2. Improves blood circulation
  3. Improves digestion
  4. Increase absorption of food
  5. Reduce inflammation – idea for muscle and joint problems
  6. Helps relieve congestion when you are having a cold
  7. Aids in weight loss/suppresses appetite
  8. Relieves bloating in the stomach from over eating
  9. Relieves gas
  10. Can help to slow down the loss of brain cells that can sometimes lead to Alzheimer’s

More Benefits Of Drinking Ginger Root Tea

1. Helps with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
  2. Relieves stress
  3. Relieves heartburn
  4. Helps to relieve menstrual cramps
  5. Helps manage blood sugar levels
  6. Helps with morning sickness
  7. Clears sinus
  8. Relieves motion sickness
  9. Boosts immune system

So next time you are out and about, why not get some ginger root.  You could be doing a great favor to your body.

Facebook        Twitter      Pinterest      Google+     Stumbleupon    Bloglovin

References

Azam, F., Amer, A.M., Abulifa, A.R., & Elzwawi, M.W. (2014).  Ginger components as new leads for the design and development of novel multi-targeted anti-Alzheimer’s drugs: a computational investigation.  Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4211852/

Saenghong, N. (2012). Zingiber officinale improves cognitive function of the middle-aged healthy women.   Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3253463/

1. AsJamaicans, we know that ginger is a must-have in the kitchen as it is especially handy for those times of stomach upset! Good job sharing!

Oh yeah…the good old ginger tea…I don’t believe there is one Jamaica who has never used this

2. I’m a big fan of ginger tea as I happen to like the taste of it as well. I generally also mix some ginger in my veggie smoothie 🙂

3. MomJonz says:

We are a tea family and love almost all teas. I learned about one major benefit when all 3 of my girls were sick at the same time. Yikes!! It saved me while hubby was deployed and I was out numbered with sick children.

4. Blair villanueva says:

Ginger tea is a staple in Asian homes. We believe it gives an a younger glow and good for your voice, especially if you are an aspiring singer.

5. Charlotte says:

Yes, ginger tea is veyr helpful to our body system. Thank you, as I will use this reference on my healthy diet.

6. Julie syl says:

I always drink ginger tea for my voice. Haha! And its so good and healthy.

7. Azlin Bloor says:

A really delicious and informative post! I love ginger and while I don’t have ginger tea this way, I grate fresh ginger into my morning tea for an Asian style drink.

8. I drink Ginger Tea every day, only i drink it with Lemon and no sugar. I dont know when I last had sugar in any tea to be honest!

Love the list of advantages of ginger tea you have listed here….Yayy!

9. Great benefits to drinking ginger tea. I never knew about it. I will use it next time I do not feel good.

10. My mom swears by ginger tea, but I had no idea it had all these benefits. Guess, I better get to drinking it!

Crystal your mum is right, there are really great health benefits to using ginger

11. My mom swears by ginger tea, but I had no idea it had all these benefits. Guess, I better get to drinking it!

12. My daughter gets migraines and they make her nauseous. Ginger tea is great for that.

13. [ Smiles ] I do drink ginger tea once in a while, but I think that I would benefit more if I drank it more often.

14. Alayna says:

I have some ginger tea mixes in powder form that I love! They’re spicy and always make my stomach feel better.

15. Tiffany says:

I completely agree with you and I love ginger in general! Ginger tea is my favorite after a meal for digestion. Thanks for sharing this helpful post 🙂

16. I love ginger tea. My husband uses it to help with IBS treatments sometimes. We always have fresh ginger on hand.

17. Ginger is packed with benefits to it’s no surprise that people would drink it as a tea. I think it’s definitely going to do you a lot of good especially if you’re trying to switch to a healthier lifestyle.

18. I didn’t know anything about this I have to start to do it, really healthy thank you so much to share it

19. Stefanie says:

I love ginger! in everything. I think it also brings so many good things

20. Cassie says:

So many good benefits from drinking ginger tea. I’m just not that big a fan of ginger! In meals you can somewhat hide the taste but I’m not sure I could have a whole cup. Willing to try though.

21. Neha Saini says:

Here in India, or most of the parts of it, we don’t have tea without ginger in it. And yeah, everything that’s written is true. Besides, there’s a lot more than that in it.

22. Czjai says:

I always resort to ginger tea whenever my throat feels scratchy. Always works wonders for me!

23. kelly reci says:

i love the taste of ginger tea,had its first taste in a chinese reataurant. I’ve been taking ginger tea since then. lots of benefits..

24. I enjoy tea and have done this one specially when sick as ginger help with colds same as lemon.

25. Rosey says:

Ginger makes my throat burn. I really like it though, so I drink it in tea anyway (iced and hot).

26. Ginger tea has so many benefits, coming from a west indian family it was an essential in my house

27. I love the idea of using ginger. I have to balance the flavor because it’s a bit spicy for me. But, it sure does help my nausea when boating!

28. E. Smith says:

I’m even more convinced about the benefits of ginger tea. I’ve been drinking it for a few years now and love it. Recently, I’ve started drinking Ginger Kombucha Tea every day and my stomach is feeling so good because of it.

29. What an amazing list of benefits from drinking ginger root tea! My daughter and I do this, primarily when we feel a cold coming on or when we have an upset digestive system. Based on your list, it sounds like it would be well worth it to include this as a regular part of my daily routine. I don’t mind the taste of the ginger tea just as it is. It is an acquired taste for sure, but I imagine the benefits outweigh the taste.

Beverley it really is a good thing to include in your daily diet. The benefits are huge

30. Nellwyn says:

I love homemade ginger tea when I’m sick, but I should really start drinking it when I’m healthy as well. It has so many great benefits!

31. GiGi Eats says:

I love GINGER in general – the pickled stuff at Japanese restaurants. I EAT SO MUCH of it when I go, I ask for extra and then get even more and sometimes even more! 😉

32. Jaime says:

I love all of the benefits of ginger. We have several health/organic stores in my area. I need to get ginger root and really figure out how to use it more!

33. Heather says:

I have been incorporating ginger into my diet. It is supposed to be so good for your system!

34. I wish that I could stomach ginger. I used to love the flavor. Then I drank some while ill when I was younger and threw up. Now I can’t stand the taste, sadly.

35. robin rue says:

I have never even heard of ginger tea before, but it sounds like something I need to get into my diet. There are lots of benefits.