4 Personal Safety Apps For Your Smartphone
Have you ever used personal safety apps? Can they really protect us from danger? I wanted to look at a few of these apps that I heard about because let’s face it, it is important for us to take our personal safety serious. Especially around the holidays, personal safety is very important so let’s see what they have to offer.Personal safety apps on your smartphone can protect you while you are jogging, walking across campus, or just…
Personal Safety Apps To Try
Companion App is a safety device that is just a tap away. Their tagline Never Walk Home Alone sounds like a welcome word for anyone who has to walk alone or even in small groups.
Companion lets you reach out to family, friends, or your public safety department to have them keep an eye on you as you travel late at night
So how does this work:
- Plug in your destination and select your mode of transportation
- Add friends or family to be your companion (they do not need to download the app to be added
- Just tap if you are in trouble and a message will go to your companions or the local police
Companion has been featured on CBS News, NBC, Mashable, Huffington Post among others. It is fairly easy to use and a small price to pay for safety.
The VithU App is a great companion to have in the case of an emergency. There is no number punching here. All you have to do is press the power button twice and this will alert your contacts that you are in trouble. Every two minutes your contacts will receive an alert message, along with your location
BSafe is another app than can keep you safe4. However, friends and family will have to download the app and create a profile if they want to be alerted.
- A free download that can privately alert friends and relatives that you have arrived at your destination safely.
- Send alerts about your changing GPS
- It can help get you out of an uncomfortable date by sending you fake phone calls
- Provides an audible alarm
- Broadcasts video captured by your phone or GPS location
- Will send an SOS if you do not check in at a designated time
SOS Stay Safe Ap
- The SOS alerts are activated by simply shaking the phone
- After you shake the phone, an email or text is sent to the designated persons with your name and a recording of the situation
- The message will include your exact location
- The selected persons will also be informed of the battery life of your phone
- Messages will be sent at regular intervals