Celebrate Small Business Saturday 2016

Small Business Saturday 2016 – November 26

The first-ever Small Business Saturday took place on Nov 27, 2010. It encouraged people across the country to support small, local businesses.  From Washington D.C to Washington State, governors, mayors, senators, and even President Obama, all voiced their support for Small Business Saturday.   American Express encouraged small business owners to take charge of the day, helping them to promote their business with free personalized ads, which appeared millions of times across the web.

Small Business Saturday

The day continued to grow, with more individuals and local organizations pledging to support the day as Neighborhood Champions.

Small Business Saturday

Shoppers supported their neighborhood businesses like never before, continuing to embrace the day as a holiday shopping tradition.

Rally your neighborhood together with these resources and help spread the word about Small Business Saturday 2016.

small3

According to Forbes Magazine, there are several benefits to shopping at small business, so please go out and support small businesses Saturday, November 26, 2016.:

• Keep money local
  • Access to experts
  • Unique offerings
  • Exceptional service

If you are looking for material to promote your small business, please find these here.    Please feel free to list your small business/blog in the comments section below so we can support you.

1. Divya says:

I didn’t celebrate it, but I live in a very VERY small town so every business around us is a small business, haha. I support them quite often!

LOL Divya I like small towns. I find that small businesses provide better service most times

2. Christina Aliperti says:

I love this! It’s so important to support small businesses and I am glad we have this day to gain more awareness.

Amen to that Christina. I think we should support small businesses not just this Saturday, but as often as we can

3. Echo says:

I love shopping at small businesses and supporting local shops! I think it is so awesome and I can’t wait to go shopping tomorrow!

4. Rosey says:

Oh this is a very good national day to recognize and participate in. A small business is the American dream.

5. Tami says:

I’ll be honest. I didn’t support small businesses in the beginning. Over time I see the importance and try to now.

6. I always try to shop local, especially small mom and pop businesses.

Kate I think we should try to do that as often as we can. Instead of putting the money in the pockets of the conglomerates

7. Natasha says:

Yes!! I did a post earlier this week on Momprenuers and Girl Bosses to support on Saturday! I love it!

8. Amber Myers says:

I plan to support them! I love small businesses.

Amber I am really happy to hear you say that. Small Businesses need our support on a regular basis

9. aziel morte says:

This is the first time that I heard about the small business saturday.

10. Vera Sweeney says:

I love small business Saturday. Such an amazing way to give back local businesses and help the economy as well.

I love supporting local businesses especially since it means that you’re supporting the economy. It’s nice to recognize these business owners for what they do!

12. karlyn cruz says:

This is a good start for everyone who wish to be successful someday.. Nice idea..

Karlyn I hope you get a chance to go out and support small businesses not just this Saturday but going forward

13. dana vento says:

This is a great oppotunity for those who wants to start a small business.. Hope many will attend on saturday..

Dana I hope many persons will go out and support small businesses all over the world this weekend

14. I love supporting small business Saturday. Can’t wait to shop this year.

15. Mary barham says:

I love small businesses! Honestly.. i rather support the smaller businesses… really love that american express helped!

16. Georgiana says:

I do try to shop local and support small businesses as much as possible. Hoping our new minimum wage hike in town will not adversely affect the mom and pop shops.

Georgina I hope it does not adversely affect them either. If it does it will kinda have the opposite effect because they might have to let people go

17. Nellwyn says:

I didn’t know about Small Business Saturday but I love the idea! I try and shop local and independent as much as possible and I often find the best things there.

Nellwyn I am happy to have been of assistance. Please be sure to add your blog/small business

18. DogVills says:

Wow, I’m really glad that american express supporting small businesses. I will share this to my friend who has small business.

19. michelle mink says:

I love supporting small businesses when I can because I think it is important to help them out. Small business Saturday is such a great way to remember them.

20. Neely Moldovan says:

I always try to do some damage on small business saturday to support the small businesses in the area. I hope everyone does!

I love that their is a day for small business. I need to support some on this day.

Tara I think we should all try to support small businesses not just on Saturday but that is a good place to start

22. Shirley says:

Thanks for sharing. This is good opportunity to promote business with free personalized ads, which appeared millions of times across the web. I will share it with my friends and family.

23. I am not sure I will be shopping this weekend but we support local nursery for our xmas tree. I love the attention you get at a smaller shop