Harvest Festival Las Vegas 2016

Harvest Festival Las Vegas will be held September  9 – 11, 2016. For 43 years, Harvest Festival has been celebrated as one of the largest indoor crafts shows in the country, showcasing thousands of exhibitors to over a hundred thousand visitors

Harvest Festival Las Vegas

Harvest Festival Las Vegas Original Arts & Crafts Show

There’s something quite personal about buying a piece of jewelry or a trinket handcrafted by an unknown artist that believes in supporting her community and upholds ethical standards.  As industry expert Lizzi Walton explains:

“In a world of bland mass production, to own something individual is enhancing. It’s a pleasure to have something that is made with love and made by hand. Sometimes to have less is better.”

The burgeoning movement of the arts and crafts sector has opened up new doors for people, allowing them to harness their creativity and share their love of crafts with consumers and fellow artisans. Nowadays, we have online shopping networks catering to these artisans, but there’s nothing quite like seeing a vast array of handmade crafts in person. If you love DIY arts or are somewhat of an artist yourself, it’s time that you participate in festivals to see what’s going on in the craft making world. One festival in particular you should be checking out is the Harvest Festival Original Arts and Crafts Show in Las Vegas.

Harvest Festival Las Vegas

For 43 years, Harvest Festival has been celebrated as one of the largest indoor crafts shows in the country, showcasing thousands of exhibitors to over a hundred thousand visitors. Selling jewelry, original art, ceramics, clothing, and much more, the exhibit takes place in numerous convention centers in the fall and winter, usually starting off in their most important location, Las Vegas. Since the downfall of gambling profits from casinos and bingo halls, Sin City has become the country’s go-to destination for conventions, festivals and exhibits. After online portal Gala Bingo, proprietor of a number of 90-ball gaming titles, reported record profits from their gaming operations, according to Casino News Daily, it became apparent that land-based establishments were losing the battle against their digital counterparts. The decline in profits showed what sort of impact these online platforms were having on the physical gaming industry and Las Vegas began to suffer.

Thus, land-based casino operators needed to redefine the city and capitalize on other entertainment to maintain visitor appeal. In addition to large-scale venue spaces, more restaurants and nightlife options were built so that Vegas would be seen as both a place for business and pleasure.

The Las Vegas show will be held from September 9 to 11 in the Cashman Center, with each ticket guaranteeing you entrance to three days worth of shopping, food and stage entertainment. Group tickets are available if you’re planning on going with a group of 10 or more people.

Credit For Image

Fall craft shows are my absolute favorite. This sounds like one that shouldn’t be missed!

2. Pam says:

This looks like a really neat experience! I’ve never been to Las Vegas before but I’d certainly go for a cool event!

Pam I have never been either but might also consider going and kill two birds with one stone

3. Looks like you had a great time. I really enjoy craft shows, there is so much talent out there you get to meet new people, its a fun way to drop your business cards too.

4. Michelle Blackwood says:

Sounds like it will be a fun day to see so many craftsmen in one spot!

5. That looks like an awesome event! I love supporting local artists and events. I bet there were some amazing items to be found.

6. becca says:

Arts and crafts shows are always so fun! There is so much different talent to admire and support.

7. HilLesha says:

How fun! I love attending festivals, but I have never attended a festival that was arts and crafts oriented. 🙂

8. I love that this is such an intimate experience between designer and buyer. It’s a great way to purchase pieces that nobody else has.

Oh yes Toughcookie that is exactly why I like to attend these things. SO I can find unique pieces

9. This totally looks like something my mom and grandma would love! They’re huge fans of Antiques Roadshow, and this reminds me of that! I love the concept of handmade things, it brings so much more character to a home, for sure!

10. Maya says:

I would absolutely love to go to this! I wish I knew about it when I was in Vegas last…

11. Sandy Mangis says:

Its nice to see that trade shows and home made items will never go out of style. Just a lot homeyer feeling.

12. I haven’t been to a really large craft show before. I bet Las Vegas really brings out the creativity.

Yona Las Vegas is on my bucket list..so definitely will be visiting one of these days.

13. CourtneyLynne says:

Omg what an awesome show!!! Craft shows are always so much fun to wander though

14. I love arts and crafts shows. The harvest festival looks amazing !

15. jill conyers says:

Festival season is really big in the midwest. Festivals for everything you can imagine.

16. That looks like so much fun. I love festivals like these! I love craft shows!

17. Wish I lived closer! That sounds like fun! I love a good craft fair!

Colette I love a good craft fair as well since I have 20 thumbs when it comes to crafts

18. R U S S says:

Harvest Festival is something that I would attend & enjoy. While I don’t have that much skills with arts & crafts, I take delight when I see crafts projects from other people. There’s a little bit of frustration on my part ( lol ) but I tend to make big purchases whenever I go to crafts activities – there are just soooo many beautiful things that I want to have.

19. I love hand made items, Etsy is one of my favorite places. We don’t have anything like this where I live.

20. Amber Nelson says:

That looks like so much fun! I would love to check out something like this. There’s nothing like something handmade.

21. Laci says:

How fun is this !!! I can go to a craft fair anywhere and be in Love with it all

22. Debra says:

This looks absolutely amazing! I love events like this, it is usually where I pick up my favorite pieces!

23. Rebeka says:

This sounds really neat! I enjoy going to festivals. xx Rebeka

Rebeka I think most of us also enjoy festivals like these even if we cannot afford to buy much

24. Kathy says:

That looks like so much fun. I love festivals like these. I think you can find so many neat things when you go.

Kathy that is so true…you can always find one of a kind pieces at these festivals for reasonable prices

25. Laura Starner says:

I love these types of festivals. I enjoy seeing unique crafts and works of art.

26. ashley lee says:

I love these types of things! Wish I was close. I am all the way in GA! :p Arts and crafts festivals are the best!

Ashley I am all the way in FL and wish I could attend as well. It sounds too good to miss

27. I love this kind of festival! I always find something cool for my hubby

Ana good for you. You can always find something at these festivals that you can give as a gift

28. Siniciliya says:

This sounds like a great festival to visit! I haven’t made my plans for the autumn yet, so maybe I will plan going to Las Vegas.

Sinic…that is cool…I hope you get to go and also that you find some great pieces. Please share what you find if you can

29. KRYSTLE COOK says:

I love going to craft fairs and festival. I always find something neat and the kids always have a blast.

Krystle me too….since I cannot do any of these things well I always seek out those who can

30. Lexie Lane says:

Oh wow, I could stay there hours. I love going to festivals. This sounds like a grand festival.

Lexie yes it really does sound like an awesome festival. I would love to attend as well

This looks so cool! I wish I could go!

32. That’s one interesting face for Las Vegas. I’ve always known (or felt) that there are a lot of craft enthusiasts in Sin city and this post certainly led me to believe it’s a fact. And for over 40 years now, wow.

33. This looks awesome! I’ve heard of Magic, for the clothes buying, but didn’t know they did a craft fair too!

Shannon I have never heard about Magic, that would be one I would be very interested in. I will look it up

34. Heather says:

This looks awesome! I love all these types of festivals. I don’t get to go to as many as I would like – for some reason my kids don’t enjoy it as much as I do 🙂

Heather …LOL…oh well then go without them. Sometimes we have to just do these things on our own

35. I would love this, if only I could get to Las Vegas. I love to look at various arts and crafts. Even if I don’t buy anything, I can get some serious inspiration!

Dawn that is true…never really thought about the inspiration part but you are so right

36. Blythe A. says:

Considering it’s in Vegas, I’m not surprised at the enormity of it. They like to do things big. This looks like a crafter’s dream.

37. Monica says:

So exciting! I definitely can’t miss out on this

That’s amazing, really. I love supporting local business especially the ones that showcase their own handmade items. This is a great opportunity for people who own small businesses to showcase their products and what they have to offer. It’s so much more special when the product that you bought is handmade.

Elizabeth that is my philosophy as well, supporting small local businesses. Great opportunity to showcase and be seen by the world

39. Kiwi says:

I love a good fest. I never knew about this going on in Las Vegas!

I could spend a long time at this fair. I bet there is a lot of unique items there.

41. Wow if you love crafts this is where you need to be! We have small craft fairs around here all summer long. I love to walk around and see how creative all the artists are!

42. the celebration of art is always a magical thing. This sounds awesome, if we’re in vegas by september will def check it out. Thanks!

43. I have never been to a craft event but it is so inspiring to see such a big craft community. It is awesome to see the variety of crafts.

Ana I have been to quite a few because I do not have a craft bone in me….I therefore have to buy what other people do…

44. Wendy says:

As someone who doesn’t have a crafty bone in her body, I am always in such awe of people who participate in these events. It looks like a really good time.

LOL @ Wendy…..I know what you mean for I have 100 thumbs. So in awe of persons who can do this and I love attending craft shows like this

45. Karen says:

I do a lot of online shopping, but do love the craft events. Its so cool to see what artists have created and spend an afternoon appreciating the items and connecting with locals!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com