Home Fitness Systems That Work

What kind of  home fitness systems are you currently working with?  Or is it that you are looking for a way to stay fit without leaving your home?  Well you have come to the right place as I am going to share with you the things I use at home to stay fit. In order to track my at home fitness and nutrition I sometimes use Sparkpeople. Of course there are others that you can use, it is quite up to you.

At Home Fitness Systems

Home Fitness Systems That Work

Are you one of those persons who do not like going to the gym?  Perhaps you are just starting out and feel uncomfortable around so many persons.  Whatever your reason I am happy to report that you can exercise in the comforts of your home and be just as fit as the person who works out in a gym.   I have not been to a gym in several years; I decided it was taking up too much of my time to be driving to the gym, fighting to find a place to park and then driving home again.   The idea to start working out at home started initially when my vehicle was down and the thought of taking the bus to the gym did not sit too well with me.  So I stated experimenting to see what works for me and settled on the following items.    Everybody is different so it is important that you find what works for you.

At Home Fitness Systems

Exercise Stepper – It was important that I get a stepper that had different heights.   As you get more accustomed to using the stepper you are going to find that after a while a specific height does not challenge you.  So selecting a stepper that can grow with you makes perfect sense.

Ankle Weights – I started using ankle weights after I had a problem with my knee that required me to only wear flats. I was not having that so I started looking around to see what would help me to get back into my heels again. I realized that leg weights could strengthen my knees so after those physical therapy sessions that worked wonders, I decided to keep using the leg weights a couple times per week. I have been doing that for almost 8 years now. Choose the one that is comfortable for your situation.

Exercise Ball – I love the exercise ball but pay close attention when purchasing because it works best when you select a ball that matches your height. What I love about exercise balls is that they are versatile. If you need to travel, you can always deflate the ball and take it with you. They come in a variety of colors so take your pick and lets get rolling. Many also come packaged with a DVD and instructions for use so it makes sense to look for those if you are a beginner.

More Quick At Home Fitness Systems

Exercise DVDs – Sometimes I just feel like popping in a DVD for my workout. One of my favorite persons over the years has been Denise Austin.  She is very consistent and practical and I have bought several of her DVDs and still have found no fault with the way she does things.  Of course there are many others so take your pick and dance along.

Resistance – For resistance I either use my exercise bands or other free weights. If you are just beginning, it makes sense to start with the smallest weights and work your way up as you improve. These also come in a variety of colors so don’t be shy, pick the colors that speak to you. Be sure to also pick the right weight, Beginner: 3 to 5 lb; Intermediate: 8 to 10 lb; Advanced: 12 lb and over. Resistance bands also come in different intensity levels.   This Article will help you determine which resistance band is right for you.

Help For Bloggers Who Work At Home

Now if you are a blogger who works at home and need a solution from the regular chair, why not try this very colorful and versatile Balance Ball Chair from Gaiam.   Not only will it help with your posture but you will definitely feel better at the end of the day (this might take getting used to- LOL).

Home Fitness Systems

It is important that you check with your doctor before starting any exercise.   These are just home fitness systems that work for me and might not necessarily work for you so play around to see what works best for you.  Also be sure to follow the instructions given with any equipment your purchase for using at home.  If you can afford it, then get a personal trainer for a few weeks so you can be sure you are using the equipment in the right way so as not to harm yourself.

If none of these things that I have outlined seem exciting to you then why not head over to my post on Pole Dancing and see if this will brighten your day! How do you stay fit at home? Please share in the comment section below.

1. Psychic Nest says:

Hi Mardene,

The only equipment I have is a yoga mat and a jump rope. I usually find from YouTube for yoga, belly dancing , martial arts and kick boxing. There are times that I will just run for 20 mins around the neighborhood. Great post, thank you!

Zaria

Psychic Nest and if that is all you have, you have two very great things. Sometimes persons go for all the most fancy things but a jump rope alone is fantastic with your own body weight

2. Denise C says:

I used to go to the gym, but now I only work out at home. I have everything I need, and it’s so much more convenient.

Denise I agree with you on that. As long as you are disciplined then this is the best thing to do

3. Ana says:

Some great ideas shared! I keep my dumbles and yoga mats at home!

4. Jay Simms says:

Those are great ideas! My Rottweiler helps me out a lot at home. She loves to go on long walks and drags me along with her.

5. Berlin says:

These are really great ideas to keep fit and healthy without leaving the house. This is ideal as well for stay at home moms like me who looks after her baby and has no way to leave the home without her 9mos in tow.

Oh yes Berlin you are so right. At least you can just do what you doing while watching the baby

6. awesome read! Definitely going to try and adopt going forward.
    Thanks 🙂

Enricoh thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment

7. I have been looking at the stair steps for a bit now. I have an exercise bike but want something new to do .

Doran I find that variety really helps when it comes to staying fit

8. Anosa says:

I am quite bad at exercising but I do have the T-25 which now and again I whip out for some much needed exercise or their relaxation video.

Anosa we can afford to do that when we are very young but as we get older this has to become a must

9. I go through phases where I go to the gym religiously for months and then something will steer me off course. Working out at home is such a time saver!

Jessica I think that is the story of most people’s lives….LOL…We have to take our health and wellness seriously though and try to stay on track

10. Kathy says:

Lots of great ideas. I have a few of these at home. My husband loves to lift weights, so we have a lot of weight lifting things. We’ve got some exercise balls and other items as well. We love fitness at our home!

Kathy that’s what I am talking about. When kids know about these things from early, it is not so foreign to them later

11. I love to do some training at home! i dont have enough time to the gym

Ana as long as persons are disciplined enough then the convenience is a great pull

12. These are great ideas. I have been looking at getting some weights.

Rachel thank you…Yes do get the weights because they will greatly help. Get some colorful ones to motivate you….LOL

13. Lexie Lane says:

I’m planning to get a workout stuff at home. I think this one is perfect for me.

In my house we have a treadmill we are a big fit family hehe!

LOL @ Amy…okay madam as long as that treadmill is being used I am good

15. Jolleen says:

I find that working out from home is a lot more difficult than going to the gym. At least if I drive myself over there I HAVE to work out. From home, it’s like I can find excuses for days! Lol

Jolleen, thanks for pointing that out. I always tell persons that exercising at home, like studying online, is not for everyone. If you know you are not disciplined do not attempt either. I love your honesty

16. tp keane says:

lol, loved that you included a tip for bloggers. I have some of these items, but I never thought of a stepper. Great notion.

17. I think the exercise ball would be my best bet since I find it so difficult getting to the gym. It’s easy to store and a great exercise tool!

Debbie then let that be your method to get and stay fit. I love the exercise ball too

18. That chair you recommend for bloggers is my pick for the day. I’ve always seen people underestimate the importance of good seating posture. Since I’m usually on the road, bringing along something for my ankles would be a nice change of pace. I enjoyed looking at this article.

Aaaaw Karlaoundtheworld, it warmed my heart to read your comment. I so appreciate the sentiment

When it comes to being fit, there’s no excuses. And this is what these equipment are here for. I love that you can now workout in the comfort of your own home, that makes things easier and cheaper. No gym memberships, no travel time going to the gym. Everything you need is at home! How can you not workout if that’s the case, right?

Elizabeth that is what I say. You walk past these several times per day so no excuse really

20. I have the exercise stepper. I use it every day when working out.

21. Melisa says:

I love my exercise ball. I’m kind of limited to what I can do because of my back, but there are several physical therapy exercises I do on a ball.

Melisa sorry to hear about your back but happy to hear that you are still not sitting still

22. Kaley says:

I have an exercise ball and I LOVE IT! It’s such a fun and great thing to have around the house.

Yes Kaley it really is. I have had several of them over the years and they are so worth it

23. I enjoy my elliptical but I walk outside as much as I can. These are great tips. Eventually, I need to add weights when I walk.

Laura good for you. I love to see people taking steps to stay active…it is so worth it

I like the chair and need it to help my posture. These are great ideas for days I can get outside.

Yeah Tara isn’t it darling? the color is so bright and vibrant

25. I have ankle weights, a small stepper machine and a kettle bell to use at home for those days when I just can’t bring myself to go to the gym! x

Rhian, I think I want to try the kettle bell one of these days. I am going to look around for one…any suggestions?

26. Alison says:

I find that yoga is a great release for me. I have always wanted to try the resistance bands though. i used to have a ball but I am not sure where it is now so that tells you how much I use it. You have inspired me to think about it though!

Alison my exercise ball does not get used as much either…the resistance bands are actually very good

27. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

We have an elliptical here at home. It works out just fine for us.

Robin good for you. I use the bowflex trainer at home as well for aerobic exercises