Christianity Make us Better Employees

Christianity should really make us better employees. I have heard this comment too many times and I feel I need to address this issue.  Now before I start, I want to make it clear that nobody is perfect but there are a few things I believe that we should bring to the table as people in the workplace who call ourselves Christians. There are many exemplary Christian employees but there are many others who need to really pull up their socks.

Christianity

Christianity Makes Us Better Employees

1. Get to work on time
  2. Work the hours we are assigned
  3. Take the allotted break and lunch time
  4. Do an honest day’s work
  5. Respect those who supervise us – even when we do not think they should be there
  6. Respect our co-workers – even the ones who are hard to work with
  7. Be the best worker that company has ever seen
  8. Be easy to work with
  9. Not witness during work time (including via company email)  – do that on your break, bearing in mind the policies of the company
  10. Not read bible during work hours – do that on your break
  11. Respect company policies
  12. Be hard working, diligent and responsible

Now as I said nobody is perfect but we have to look into ourselves as Christians out there in the work place on a daily basis. What would Jesus Do?  Is this how a Child of God should behave on the job? Is God pleased with the way I deal with my co-workers? is God pleased with the way I handle myself at work?

We must be careful that we are not merely hearing the Word because that is just half of the equation.   For us to be better workers, we must also practice the Word when we are on the job.  Much is at stake when we do not!

1. I agree and often times we have to be very conscious of what we are doing even if the environment of that particular organisation is a rather stressful one.

Amen to that. Unfortunately sometimes we forget and allow all of that to rob us of blessings from God

2. bilere says:

Hi,
    I agree with you. Have a nice weekend! bilere

3. María Hass says:

I agree. I confess I’ve been a horrible employee mainly because of health issues. I’ve resigned out of the work force because I didn’t feel I could show up and do the duties as expected. But it is something that has convicted me so much.

Not the Bible thumping on company time, that makes sense. After all, I was getting paid to work. So that was the purpose of my time there primarily.

Thank you for sharing! First time here and I’m glad I stopped by!

Maria you were sick and that was not easy to deal with. I would not beat myself up about that because that was beyond you.

4. Andrea says:

What would Jesus do? That’s what we should do!

Andrea that is pretty much it right there. If we keep asking what would Jesus do we would be much better off

5. Andrea says:

Exactly – we have to look at ourselves!

6. Clare Speer says:

Yes I agree with all your points – let’s show we are great employees not in word but DEED – have a good work ethic, do the right thing, be thoughtful and considerate of others and work hard! Such a wonderful reminder for all of us!

Clare it is as simple as that. I once had to tell someone that her desk during work time is not the place to be reading her bible. That is to be done in her break time…unfortunately she did not get it because she is doing the Lord’s wprk

7. Today is the first time I have seen your blog. Great advice. We need to remember that we do everything for the glory of God and people are watch and will make judgements. I blog at http://www.realmomsdontjudge.com. Check me out.

Sheila, I will visit your blog and thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment. We are the only bible that some people will read so we have to operate with caution

8. Joan Afflick says:

We have to remember that we’re instructed to respect those in authority, not as men pleasers, but do all things to the glory of God.
    Sometimes we use Christianity as an excuse to shun our responsibilities.
    That sort of thing makes remarks like the article’s title, possible.

Joan you have hit the nail on the head. I have seen it happen so many times that I felt I had to say something. We need to do better

9. mardenec@hotmail.com says:

Lawrence I agree with you. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave such a great comment.

10. Lawrence Hamilton says:

Agreed. I can go from God loving child to UFC contestant in an eye blink. And being self employed, even faster now. Takes a lot of Proverbs (the book of wisdom and common sense) some days. As far as hiring, if you can do the job and are fairly personable, I will hire you without regard for what you got going on in your life.