Brita Water Filter Pitchers

• 2
  • 2

Brita Water Filter Pitchers Can Save You Money

Brita Water Filter Pitchers have been around for quite a while. I was looking for a way to save money, stop using bottled water as well as a way to save the environment.   Naturally I looked at a few water filter reviews and settled on the Brita Grand Water Filter Pitcher.

This post includes affiliate links! If you make a purchase after clicking on certain links I will receive payment; this in no way influenced my opinion!

Brita Water Filters

I specifically selected the Brita Grand Water Filter Pitcher 10 cup because of the new design. This specific design has an indicator on the top of the cover that shows when it is time to change the filter.  This was of great interest to me because in the past I had problems trying to remember when it was time to change filters.  The three indication levels (good, change soon and change) is quite straight forward and provides some peace of mind.

Epica Glass Beverage Bottles to Extend Brita Water Filter Pitchers

In order to have sufficient already filtered water on hand,I figured it would be best to store this in glass beverage bottles. After all the plan was to minimize the use of plastic bottles. I also wanted this to be convenient hence the decision to use single Epica Glass Beverage Bottles for this purpose. The bottles were small enough to easily hold in the door of the refrigerator and easy for each person to grab and go. I love the fact that the bottle covers are very secure and that gave me added confidence in the product.

OXO Bottle Brush For Keeping the Glass Beverage Bottles Clean

I felt it was necessary to clean each Epica Glass Beverage Bottle before re-filling them with filtered water from the Brita Water Filter Pitcher.   I wanted to make sure that the bottles were properly cleaned and what better way to do that than with the OXO Bottle Brush and Pure Care Natural Dish Washing Detergent.   I also used the bottle brush and natural dish washing detergent to clean my Furturepace Insulated Water Bottle that I took almost everywhere with me.

Futurepace Insulated Water Bottle

I selected the Futurepace Insulated Water Bottle to take my filtered water around with me all the time. I do this because I do not want to keep purchasing bottled water whenever I am away from home. This also helps to save the environment by keeping plastics out of the landfills.

This post includes affiliate links! If you make a purchase after clicking on certain links I will receive payment; this in no way influenced my opinion!

• 2
  • 2
  • 2
  • 2

1. Koko says:

I have a brita. I really like the epica glass bottles. Thanks for sharing.

Koko…hello there….I have missed you. I have changed platforms so please sign up on the new website when you get a chance because I lost all my followers when I transferred. conciergelibrarian.com

2. Melissa Bernardo says:

I love a Brita filter. Makes the water so clean!

3. I’ve never used Brita but would love to try it! Water quality is so important!

4. Colette S says:

I have owned one before in our apartment, but now we put a filter in the refridgerator.

It is good to care for our environment.

5. Patricia says:

I use Brita…and I love it. We use it all the time in my household.

Patricia lovely…..love it…watch over your family by giving them clean water

6. Lisa Rios says:

Both me & my husband drinks lot of water all through the day & one such water filter from Brita could be a great add-on to our home to make sure we have a Eco friendly product that saves money as well.

Lisa that is absolutely the truth. I don’t know who does not want to save money these days.

7. Ron Leyba says:

This sounds really amazing. I will check more info about this. Water filter pitchers seems like a must have nowadays.

Ron if you want to save money and take care of mother earth then this is one way to do it…double duty

8. Nicole Escat says:

So glad you shared these, I’ll have to check it out those water filter pitchers.

Nicole please do, not only will you save some money, it will also save the environment

9. I see that you bought the entire system – you thought of every angle. Good for you! 🙂 Unfortunately for me, I have never been anywhere – across Europe, in the Caribbean or North America – where I have felt the water unsafe. However, should that change, I will most definitely keep this in mind. Thanks!

LOL…lucky for you. It was not that I felt it was unsafe, it told me it was by what it did to my tummy…LOL…so I do not take any chances. I am not a fan of bottled water because I do not really trust them

10. I’d really love to get the Brita Grand Water Filter Pitcher for our family. I love that it shows you when the filter needs to be changed!

Jessica I love that feature because the one I had before did not have it and I struggled to remember when to change (which kinda defeats the purpose)

11. Emma white says:

Thank you for this. I have Been thinking for a while now about how to get this all drinking more water, I tried buying bottled water but as you can imagine 6 kids and me the amount of bottles I had to buy was unreal. This seems perfect for us and with what you said seems pretty easy to use to! Thank you 🙂

Oh wow Emma you definitely need the water filter and some water bottles if you are going to keep everyone hydrated without robbing the bank…LOL

12. I can’t stand tap water, so I love Brita filters!

Morgan good for you…glad to see that you made the decision to use the Brita Filters rather than bottled water

13. mardenec@hotmail.com says:

Sarah I will most certainly take a look at them when I get a chance, thanks for sharing

14. Sarah McD says:

Have you tried out the Brita Water Bottles? I highly recommend them from when you’re on the go or don’t have access to your already filtered water. I used one in college instead of carrying buying those 24 packs of water bottles like everyone else. Whatever we can all do for the environment right?

15. Eco friendly and money savers… whats else do I need haha

16. Dana says:

We have Brita pitchers and love them. So much less expensive than bottled water.

Dana that is the way to go and glad to see that you are doing your part to save the environment

17. Katy says:

I love my Brita water filter, great tips on the other items as well. I need a new water bottle and love the one you suggested.

Katy we all have to do our part and this is my small part in saving the environment

18. Christine says:

This is great! I used to have a Brita pitcher and loved it.

Christine then you know the importance of this for the environment and to your family

19. I love my Brita pitcher. I also love the idea of the environmental benefits.

Laura I don’t know what it is going to take for us to see how dangerous plastic is to the environment

20. Psychic Nest says:

I drink lots of water during the day and water filter sounds about right. Sometimes I feel like bottled water costs me a fortune. Thank you for the amazing review, much appreciated!

Zaria

Zaria bottled water cost a lot of money. People are not even aware of how much because they do not really think about it

21. Melody Rosa says:

I swear my brita water filters don’t know if I can ever live without them.http://sheismelrose.net/

22. Izabela says:

I also use Brita pitcher. It’s great and I really like the fact that it tells me when I need to change the filter.

First of all Izabela I am glad to see that you are doing your part in saving the environment. I too love that feature where it indicates when the filter needs changing

23. I never buy bottled water, I boil and filter. Better for my family and our health! Water filters are great if you dont trust the water in your area!

Julie you are the smart one for not buying bottled water. Sometimes these bottled water are worst than the one that comes from the tap.

People always forget about the environment, if using this filter helps a little, ill be sure to give it a try.

Amy it is amazing that in a world full of so many intelligent persons we can just not think about the environment like that…

25. Crystal Gard says:

I love my water filter. Definitely a must

26. michelle says:

i love my brita water pitcher. having clean water is important to me

Michelle clean water should be important to all of us and also saving the environment. Always glad to see persons who pay attention to these things

It would be nice to have this at home. I love the idea that you get to help the environment as well. Thanks for showing me the things that you can use, especially the pitcher and the glass bottles.

Elizabeth it is the best thing I ever did for my family. Please try and get one of these filters and the water bottles is an added bonus I think

28. My sister has the pitcher. I have one of the water bottles.

Very good Michelle….we all must do what we can to save this earth that we are living in

29. We use Brita too and honestly it was the best decision we ever made. It is so much kinder on my sensitive stomach!

Ana I know what can happen when you drink water that is not properly purified so I am glad you got something to help you in that area

30. Rachel G says:

We used to have one of these–although I mostly drank water straight from the faucet since we had a really great well. Here in Malaysia, the tap water isn’t safe to drink so we have a filter on our faucet that takes care of anything. I never, ever buy bottled water.

Rachel it is such a waste of money to buy bottled water and many times it is not even done properly.

31. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

We have icky tap water in our town, so we filter all our water.

Robin that is a very wise decision to protect your family. Better to be safe than sorry

32. I’m using a lot more shatterproof glass pitchers and water bottles in hopes of being more environmentally firndly and non toxic

Trish I am so glad to hear. Each of us can do what we can to help the environment

33. Those brita pitchers really are great! I depended on them heavily until we got an RO system for the house.

Nikki what is an RO System? I will have to take a look at that because anything that protects my family’s health I am down with that

34. Lawrence Hamilton says:

Water filters are definitely the way to go. Money savers, time savers, eco-friendly and not a whole lot of bottles to recycle.

Lawrence I absolutely agree with you. We need to start thinking about the environment more. Too many plastic water bottles around