Second Chances – Take Them

Second Chances

Second chances! Who is it that told you that you had to get things right the first time around or else? We have bought into this nonsense that something is wrong with us if we did not get it right on the very first try.

Second Chances

A lot of times many persons do better the second time around and you might just be one of them if you got up and tried again.It is very sad when persons have come to the conclusion that they have used up all their chances because this makes for a very miserable and unbalanced existence.  Many reach this conclusion because they are listening to the wrong person and believing in the wrong message.   No one has the right to tell you that you cannot try again and you should never tell yourself that you have reached the end of the line as long as you are alive. So go ahead take second chances and even more if possible.

If you are still breathing, you have a second chance. -Oprah Winfrey

Don’t Be Afraid to Take Second Chances

As long as you are alive, you can try again.  No matter how many times you fall down, do not stay down, get back up and start again.  I don’t think there is any person alive who has not taken a misstep.   Some missteps are more detrimental than others but we have all been down that road at some point.  Some of the most famous and rich persons have failed over and over again before they got it right, so walk away from anyone who tell you that failure is final.

If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down. -Mary Pickford

Second Chances

Take for example a young woman who gets pregnant in high school.   Does this mean her life is over?  Of course not.  This is not the ideal for any parent, but at no point should we let that young woman feel that her life is now over because of this pregnancy.   Our job is to encourage her to get up and try again.  Her misstep does not, and should not define her. She should however learn from this but keep it moving.   Sometimes we are not so lucky at love the first time around but many have lived to love and smile again.  This is one of the areas that a lot of persons seem to struggle with.   Many persons feel that because they have been unlucky at love they cannot try again.   Fear keeps them paralyzed and prevent them from letting another person in. On the other hand, many persons have found love the second time around and lived happily ever after.

Have you ever been fired or laid off from a job?   This is a scary time for even the most upbeat among us but fear of failure should not keep you from going out and finding another job.   You know what?  sometimes the new job is just what you were looking for and you wonder why you had stayed in that  job for so long.   Sometimes it is s good thing when the rug is pulled from under our feet because it pulls us out of the rut that many of us are so stuck in.   Laziness and lack of confidence also prevents a lot of persons from looking for another job, even thought they hate the one they now have.

I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as making a life. I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back. -Maya Angelou

May I encourage you today to take that chance on love or anything else that floats your boat.  Throw caution to the wind and live again.  Get up and start over because as long as you are alive, there is hope.

What have you been wanting to do for a very long time but was afraid to do?

1. Hannah A says:

I definitely think that you shouldn’t be afraid to take second chances when they present the opportunity. Sometimes things in life just aren’t done, and a second time around can be the best.

Hannah you are so right. We should never let anyone dictate to us when it comes to second chances

2. Lisa Rios says:

Such an amazing quote from Oprah Winfrey & I agree you must be ready to step in to take those second chances as you have nothing to lose at all. My husband has been so inspiring for me & I was able to stay positive to try out the next chances every time I fail.

3. Not just second chances, but depending on what it is sometimes MANY more than just two! If we never fall, we don’t learn how to get back up again. Sometimes that seems so easily forgotten these days.

4. Rosemary says:

Yes. Could not agree more. It is never too late for 2nd chances…sometimes even 3 or 4 tries are needed. Great message, thanks for sharing it!!

Rosemary…oh yes and yes again. It is never too late to try again. As long as you are alive there is hope

5. Monica says:

If a person wants or needs a second chance, I would like to think and hope that it would be there.

6. Psychic Nest says:

I believe that there is a good reason why we let some “chances” go. We probably were not ready at that time. Though I don’t believe in second chances in relationships. When the glass breaks, we can’t glue it back together unless the person we were with changed a lot.

Zaria

Zaria there are some things that do not need to be revived….and thank God that many of us have the good sense to leave them dead (where they belong). In other things though, second chances are a must and I am also grateful that we have the good sense to know when that is necessary.

7. Rosey says:

Second chances for love, no thanks. That’s not in my cards, because I don’t want it to be. But I’m not unhappy, quite the opposite. And I had my true love, and we were happy for many years. Second chances at life, yes! My divorce, that I didn’t want but is turning out to be a big blessing to me, is final shortly. 🙂

Rosey sorry to hear about your divorce….I am glad you have found that happy place though.

8. doran poma says:

Great post, I always have a hard time giving people second chances! Your post really made me think about the fairness of that.

Doran when we think of how we feel when we need a second chance and it is withed from us, then we kinda take a second look at the whole thing. I am glad that this post spurred you on

9. Where I would be without them? I just have to learn and move on!

Ana where would we all be without them. The only sad thing is when we do not learn from these missteps.

10. Morgan says:

I loved this post & could relate to it so much. I grew up thinking I wasn’t good at anything, and always did poorly in school because of it. I dropped out of college after being in for a few months, but decided to give myself a second chance and go back for radio. Now I’m working on my second degree and am an honors student!

11. LaQuinda says:

They say that true understanding doesn’t happen until you’ve heard it three times. So the fact that 2nd, 3rd and even 4th chances exist makes me thank my lucky stars!

LaQuinda makes me thank my lucky stars are well. That is why I will always try my best to give chances to others (within reason of course)

12. Emma white says:

Great post, thank you for sharing with us all 🙂

13. Dana says:

I am so with you about giving yourself a second chance. I was laid off and couldn’t find a new job. Instead of whining about it, I gave myself a second chance and started my own virtual marketing agency. AND I am so glad that I did!

Dana…that is the spirit. Cry if you must BUT get on up and make lemonade with those lemons. Good stuff

14. Nadina says:

Your articles are really motivating. I love this. I can relate to the getting laid off and picking up the pieces and starting over in a new job. Less stress, more pay and definitely more fulfillment.

Nadina….as I sad then and will continue to say…sometimes when God wants us to move to bigger and better things He pulls the rug from out under us.

That’s such a lovely message. There’s no harm in trying or in not giving up, it’s a better way to make up with what you lost the first time. Thanks for the faithful reminder to never lose hope in trying.

Elizabeth we have to always remember that we can try again and that we should never allow anyone to tell us that we can’t

16. Great post. I definitely agree with giving people a second chance as we are all not perfect but I won’t give them a third chance thou.

17. Its true! My philosophy and I say this to myself everyday when I ten to beat myself up- “Even Nature took billions of years to evolve to what she is today and will continue to do so- then why do we have to be perfect the first time?”

18. Just love Oprah’s quote. It’s so true. There is always opportunities to do better and be better.

19. Angie Scheie says:

I love this! “Aslong as you’re alive, there’s a second chance”. Well said!

Angie thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. We have to keep reminding ourselves that it is not over until we are over

20. My take on this is that I agree with you, however, sometimes we block ourselves those second chances. From my experience, no one really “gave” me a second chance. Life did, and I grabbed, snatched and ran with everyone. We are most often our worse enemy and simply cannot accept that we deserve an opportunity to do it again. Great post.

Claudette you are so right about us being our own worst enemies at times. Sometimes I want to just shake some people when they have so many excuses when it is time to get up and go again. A lot of times it is simply fear. Girl I am with you, wherever the chances are I will grab them and run with it. I will never stop trying until I stop breathing.

Yes, i always say never surrender, i have said no lots of times, but life always gives me other opportunities. so dont be afraid! embrace them!

22. A very inspiring read that came to me at a time when I needed it. Thank you for being a blessing to others. I tweeted this to share it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw Angela…I am so glad to hear that you were inspired by this post. That is all I needed to hear. If I can help just one person with any post I do then I am happy.

23. Patty says:

I totally agree with you. It’s better to be realistic especially with kids of any age

24. Leslie says:

This post is great! I’m all about second chances myself, although sometimes the firsts do feel conquering at times. I do enjoy the fact that as long as you’ve got hope, you’ve got all the chances in the world.

25. Life is far more forgiving than we are told. I love 2nd, 3rd and 10th chances, to be honest!

Carol, trust me….the amount of chances I have gotten cannot be counted. Thank God for chances

26. I’d be a complete failure in everything if I didn’t try a second time.

I don’t know why people are no negative and annoying. Let the person try until they get it or they feel like not going on anymore

27. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

I have always wanted to learn an instrument. Maybe one of these days I will sign up for lessons.

28. OMg, if I didn’t believe in second chances I would not be designing jewelry or have a business I love. II had a 30 yearc areer, retired & discovered a talent & passion. It is never too late to start anything.

Oh YES….this is what I love to hear. Do not allow anyone to box you into a corner. Your story will inspire someone who thinks it is too late. Thank you so much for sharing