Women Bullying Women

Women bullying  women is getting too common place. Sometimes I honestly do not know where to start in terms of the things that some women do to other women.   Perhaps we should really take a page out of the men’s book and establish some sort of girl/woman code.

Women Bullying Women

Women Bullying Women

You have to admit there is something to be said about the way guys relate to each other which is in stark contrast to the way many women relate to each other.   I am alarmed by the things that some women choose to spew at other women over social media and other places.  I believe this really needs to stop because the young girls are picking up these traits and this is just going down hill.

Social media has allowed this level of bullying to be taken to a whole other level and frankly it is getting really tired and out of hand.  In fact, I think some women have hit an all time low when it comes to the way they treat other women.   The thing that really bothers me is that this is infiltrating every facet of society; from the church to the pages of social media.

Why do so many women treat each other so badly?  that is a question I wish I could answer. It does not make any sense at all! Instead of working together, it seems the fitting thing to do is work against each other as if that is going to magically solve the problem at hand.  Something that has always had me shaking my head is the problem of infidelity.  Now why on earth would a woman leave the house that she shares with her spouse and go across town to beat or swear at a woman for being with “her man”?  Once again, the man is standing on the sidelines with folded hands while she embarrasses herself in front of the whole world.  Instead of speaking to him about this disrespectful behavior, many women think it is easier to go and beat down the “perceived” threat.

Women Bullying Women

Women Bullying Women Needs to Stop

Another thing that makes me shake my head is the way women treat each other sometimes when it come to infertility or having children in general.   See a post I did called No I do not wish to have children.  Since infidelity can happen to anyone of us, then this should be a sensitive topic for all women.   Instead, this can become fodder to win an argument and this is just silly.   Those who are from Jamaica know only too well of the insensitivity of calling a woman a mule when others believe that these women cannot have children.  Even though sometimes this is a choice made by many women, it still baffles me how one woman can drag this ugliness into an argument.

These same women still have something to say, if another woman dares to get pregnant after the grand old age of 30.   It just seems as if nothing can satisfy a woman who is hell bent on tearing down another woman.   This got me so fired up that I had to write another post about Rocking a baby bump after 50.  This mindless tearing down of each other has got to stop if we want to want to see changes.  It is as if some women are still stuck in high school and frankly this is deplorable.   Then everyone is wondering why teenagers behave the way they do; many times this can be traced right back to the what they learn from the adult females.

Women Bullying Women

Women Bullying Women At Work

Many times women are bullying each other in the workplace and that is another one that baffles me.    The worst supervisors I have had have been women (now this is just my experience so don’t shoot me). I don’t know what it is they are trying to prove but believe me, it is just tired and tacky.  Oh yes! I also wrote about this in another post, Of Unscrupulous Supervisors and Managers.   We should really be on the same page in the workplace considering that many of us are getting paid way less than men for the same kind of work.   Perhaps a better strategy would be for us to band together to fight against this inequality in the workplace instead of trying to tear each other down.

To be honest any woman who behaves like this is just a bully and it is not attractive in the least.    This is the very reason I do not watch all these reality shows with women tearing into each other like they are in sixth grade.  Mindlessly gossiping about another woman is just so ridiculous, I would start laughing if so many people were not getting hurt over this. So if you are one of those persons who think it is okay to treat another woman badly then I say shame on you.  It is time to grow up because really this is just childish.   To those persons who care what these women say about them,  I urge you to ignore them because they are really just pathetic little children still stuck in their teenage years.   When you think about it, a woman who is mature, a woman who loves herself and has self confidence does not have time for all that drama. Women bullying women is getting too common place and this needs to stop!

Ladies, let’s flip the switch!

Share your mean girl story here if you have one.

1. Shaylee says:

This is so true, women can be downright terrible to each other. I don’t understand at ALL why a woman would bash another woman due to fertility issues! That just boggles my mind completely.

Shaylee I wish I had the answers for this madness. It is so childish and uncalled for….

2. doran poma says:

I hate when other women bash women. We deserve to live in a place of abundance instead of fear. There are plenty of accolades, and compliments to go around. I agree with you on the point of infertility/no children. Woman can especially be cruel around those topics.

Doran….the part about infertility I do not get at all. For we all know how anxious this can get if you really want a child. To use this as a point of contention just makes me want to go huh?

3. Monica Bruno says:

Hi Mardene, it’s true, women can be cruel. Hopefully, by teaching our daughters to be kind, giving and not judge others by their appearance, things may change. I hope it does!

Yes Monica, we have to start by educating our daughters and sons from very early

4. Nicole Escat says:

This is really an important topic. Social media can result both into bad or good.

5. I definitely think social media has played a role in how women treat other women because it’s easier to get away with it when you’re sitting behind a screen. I think most of their actions stem from jealousy and their own low self esteem.

Yona, amen and amen again. It all goes right back to that green eyed monster and low self esteem. Although many would not admit that

6. Lisa Rios says:

Bullying is such a horrible thing, but I think this has become a poor trend these days & I have moved away from such issues long back. To me my friend-list has huge number of men who always stand by you once you trust them.

Lisa I second that….men do do have time for all that nonsense that too many women get involved in.

7. Tonya C says:

Our world would be so much better if bullying didn’t exist. Thanks for writing this.

Tonya, yes it would. It seems to be getting worst and the sad thing younger kids are getting into this too

Sometimes i wish we could be more like men in that sense, they bully each other everyday and still they remain loyal and true to their friendship.

Amy I hear you. The thing with men is their “bullying” most times is all in jest….women get all serious and horrible to each other, many times because of a man….sigh

It’s definitely an upsetting trend. I think a lot of it stems from insecurities but I’d have no idea how to fix that!

Liz I honestly feel that is does come from a place of insecurity and jealousy….deep rooted and stupid really but as you say I have no idea how to fix that. Women will have to get to that realization that it does not make much sense

10. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

I don’t know why women are like that, bu it’s the reason most of my friends are male. I don’t have time for that.

Robin, it is best to stay away from all these things because it does no good to any of us. The sooner women realize this, the better.

I really don’t get why we have to hate on each other and why we think negatively about each other when we’re supposed to be helping each other out. Women should stop this and we should all realize that we’re our own support group.

Elizabeth, I love what you say about us being our own support group. With all the hell we get from all around us you would think we would learn by now to stand together as one.

12. I don’t have many friends at all. I have been just stunned by all the hatefulness – both on and offline. It is childish. People need to grow up.

13. Heather says:

I’ve never had many women friends, they will be nice one day then stab you in the back another! I am to busy with my art for that ind of nonsense!

Heather you are so right…LOL…sometimes I literally roll my eyes because they are just beyond me. So childish

14. I’m sure it goes all the way back to cavewomen. “Don’t go to her place, she never cleans her rocks.”

We woman need to stop this as it is not good. My teen is learning about teenager girls that do that and he is frustrated with it.

Tara it’s as if they do not realize the damage this is doing to others around them including their own daughters. It can be frustrating indeed

16. mardenec@hotmail.com says:

Terri and for what reason? what is it that make them act like that and then wonder why their kids are so mean to others.

17. I’ve lived a pretty sheltered life. Until my {failed} back surgery, I had never owned a computer. I worked all the time. When I wasn’t working, I was parenting. The only computer knowledge I had was of a laptop I used to record EKG’s for our patients at the doctors office. when I purchased my first computer, it was such a shock to me to see how others act and react on the computer. I’d hate to meet some of these people in real life, not that I think I would because I tend to surround myself with loving people. Women can be harsh.