He Is Blue Collar and Younger Than You – So What?

computer desktop trends blog

I figured I would just kill one bird with two stones.  Now I have been searching the bible and looking at the laws to see if it states anywhere that a woman MUST marry an adult who is older than her and wears a suit to work.  Why then is this an important thing for many women? Why is it that many women would rather marry someone they do not love than marry someone who is younger or blue collar?

Now, don’t get me wrong.  I am not saying every woman is to go seeking out men who are younger or blue collared.  I am simply saying if this is the person who makes you happy, then embrace it.  Do not allow friends or family members to dictate who you spend your life with. As long as this person is an adult and both parties are comfortable then who are we to interfere?

If you are a woman who is drawn to a blue collar man, a younger man, or both then there are a few questions you must honestly ask and answer.  Please see my other 2 articles around the subject.  Waiting for Mr. Right and the Hypocrisy Around May-December Relationships.

1. Do you love him?
  2. Is he someone you would consider spending the rest of your life with?
  3. Does he make you happy?
  4. Is he a good person?
  5. Are you very comfortable with this situation?

If you answered YES then do your thing without batting an eyelid.  Age does not equal maturity.  I know many 50 year old boys and just as many 25 year old men.  Some of the nicest guys I have met are not sporting suits to work.

Comments written on a wooden cube in a office desk

Money or the appearance of money should never be the main reason any woman is drawn to a man.  Even if the man is okay in that department, what happens if he loses that money? Does this mean the “love” end?

I am not saying the opinions of our friends and relatives do not matter but the final decision must rest with you and God.  It should never be that you are walking away because of what friends or family have to say about the matter.   If you are walking away, it must be that you believe this is not a good fit for you.

The bottom line is for this kind of relationship to work both parties MUST be very comfortable with this.  If one person is not, then there is going to be a problem and it might not be a good idea for obvious reasons.  If anything about this bothers you then think long and hard before going there.

1. Barbara says:

I think the Bible has a lot of things we don’t do today. As for love characteristics and logistics are less important than someone who loves you and is willing to show you that continuously. I still don’t think you have to follow it to a “T” to be good, its what is in your heart that matters in the end.

2. This is so true. A marriage for the wrong reasons will certainly fail. Marriage is for life so choose wisely.

3. delainemyles says:

Very very important post. I am happy I read it. Most women that I know are influenced by what others think of the man rather than their own personal preference and are taught to think that there is something wrong with dating a younger guy. I beg to differ, like you said, if you love him and he has the right personality for you…why not?

4. Sadly, people don’t seem to marry for love anymore.

5. Rosey says:

Preconceived notions don’t always pan out the way we might think. I try not to judge and hope others do the same when it comes to me. 🙂

Love is love and it’s not for me to judge how other people do it!

Age is just a number for me, The most importan thing is being happy and enjoy life

8. Because... I'm cheap says:

I think it can be difficult to be unequally yoked. But honestly, a lot of blue collar jobs bring home much higher salaries these days.

9. Well those women who think they have to marry someone older and in white collar are (1) not reading The Bible – as many of the men in it would be considered blue collar in out times, including the main man (2) are not reading the book as deeply as you do??? Society and its standards – man-made rules set for women are so strong and so many women have completely bought into it that it is difficult to break the mold.

10. Euge Nia says:

I enjoy reading this post! Age is just a number. What really matters in relationship is maturity and love for each other! Everyone has right to be happy!

11. Esme Sy says:

I love this post. I think what should matter is if he makes you happy.

12. Aziel Morte says:

what a great written. I enjoyed reading this and it makes me inspired

I get it. Women are attracted to men who can provide for them, but that shouldn’t always be the case, you know. Love has to be constant, it’s not the main thing in a relationship but it has to be present at all times. What if he loses all his money?

• Elizabeth a blue collar man can provide just as much sometimes as the man in the suit and tie. The fact that a man is making tons of money does not mean he is going to spend it on the woman or even his family. You ask a great question at the end and that is also what I am asking.

14. Anamika Ojha says:

Beautiful piece of writing! I personally believe in ‘Give Respect and Get Respect’!

15. Age is just a number and money isn’t everything. In the end, Love always lasts longer. Great post/

16. What a person does and how old a person is less important than who a person is. A well off man your own age could be a really jerk while someone younger/older who is blue collar could be the greatest person ever.

17. Ana De-Jesus says:

I agree we shouldn’t chase our partners on how much money they have because money isn’t everything. To me personality is key.

18. You spoke the TRUTH in this post!! I’ve never been one to let others influence who I date/marry. My husband was not in the best situation when we met. I had to help him out with things, but I saw his potential and he was a hard worker so I stuck by him. Now we’re super close to living our dream life and soon I will be able to quit my job and work on my business full-time. And it’s because of him. Now if I had listened to other people in my life, I wouldn’t be with him and may not have the opportunities that I have now because of him. Even if my husband didn’t end up as successful as he is, I would still stick with him because he is a good man and treats me well and that’s what matters. What a great article.

19. I genuinely dont see any reason why one cannot marry anyone they chose and are both consenting adults, in love or whatever their arrangement without Joe Public butting our noses into it. Its none of our business who anyone else marries…Unless they are my children lololol 🙂 Then I have the prerogative as a mom to say something if I see something out of character…thats all!

20. Idaintyit says:

So many people are more concerned with what people will say rather than how they feel. Great post

21. It’s ones personal choice and not my business to judge. I will say you never know where you will find love. If it’s all about the money your love will go cold really quick. Great topic!

So what about age. As long as there is love that is all that matters.

23. Love is the most important thing – age is all but a number as so many people say. Why is it ok for a man to date a younger woman but not the other way around???

24. Robin Rue (@massholemommy) says:

There is someone out there for everybody and whoever makes YOU happy is the one for you!

25. Fashionable Librarian: