Controlling Mothers and Spineless Sons

Controlling mothers have been around since the dawn of time.   I suspect they will be around for a long time to come.  However, how we deal with them is entirely up to us!

This is a very touchy subject that can be seen at every level of society. Some women seem to want to control their children’s lives way after they have become adults. A lot of times these are single women who feel that they are entitled to something since they were mother and father to that son. In other cases these women belong to families with husband and all. Ladies may I submit that you take a page out of the book of the men (this is not to say that men are not involved). As I said this can be seen at every level of society but I want to touch on the women who are supposed to be Christians. Yes! you are the ones I want to speak to.
Controlling Mothers
Do you believe that if you train up your sons in the way they should go then when it is time to pick a wife then they can make the best decision? Well if you have done a good job, I don’t see the need for you to want to choose the woman for your son. I have seen many men in church select a wife just to please their mothers, in order to end the fuss. I am not sure why there should even be a fuss in the first place since is the son who will have to live with that woman for the rest of his life. The only place you should be in the equation is to give wise counsel and pray for your son…..BUT the actual selection of that mate should be left to the man.
Senior Mother Interferring With Couple Having Argument At Home
 Now to you spineless men who allow your mothers to run rings around you. It is time to stop! It is time to stand up and choose the person who you are comfortable with. Remember that you will have to live with this person when mummy gone home. I understand that we would all like for everyone to love the person we want to marry but it is more important that we love and respect that person.

So as I said before….if you have trained up your son in the right way, teaching him to make the right decisions after seriously seeking God….then believe that he can make the right decision when the time comes to select a wife.

Follow Me On Bloglovin              Facebook                 Pinterest           Twitter

1. Nubien says:

If as a man you find that you end up choosing/marrying a woman just to please your mother, why in the first place you never marry your mother and settle the score even more. Cause at the end of it all she has to toe the line or else mother dearest will be pleasantly unhappy until the day she dies. If I ever get to know that man who does that my words to him is “Grow some balls and be your own man and stop being a Mama’s Boy it ain’t worth it”. Let me also not wonder if when having sex too he is going want to make sure the sex is oh so rightand great to please his poor dear mother

Nubien…sigh…I wrote this article because of something that was so prevalent in the Church of God and still prevalent if you ask me. These women just do not stop and seem to think they need to be all up in the people’s business. Some men deal with it but many are so controlled by these women they just can’t be bothered and the poor women have to suffer with these crazy ass women.

2. Katie says:

Oh man, I pray that I have the grace to do this well when my boys get to that age. In the meantime, I’m committed to putting forth the effort to raising boys with a backbone. 🙂

3. My Hubby was one of those men controlled by his mother. Thankfully we’ve gotten counseling & have been able to move past it and deal with it productively! You’re absolutely right about what you say here!

4. I am a mum to two sons – one is 13 and the other is 3. With two older teen daughters helping me to keep them in check I think they will be ok!! Kaz 🙂

5. Eileen xo says:

This is great! I hope I have raised my boys and girls to be independant and make decisions for them to make them happy! Great post and love the title

6. Hmmm.. Not yet a mom but I guess, it’s not all about how you raised your children, what’s pretty much valuable and important is your support on whatever decision they’ll make in the future. Love, respect and support from parents will lead them on the right path 🙂

7. Hehehe I don’t have a son…. I do have a 3 year old little girl though… All I can do is hope I raise her right so she can make the right decisions for herself so she doesn’t need me to manage her life.

I think this is something that moms with sons have to realize. We don’t need to be controlling and possessive, we have to make sure that they become who they want to be, that way, they will have the life we always wanted for them… a life filled with happiness.

9. jcortesmackenroth says:

I am mother of two teenage sons and I usually train them well since then. I always encourage them to seek what God’s Will is for them before choosing a good wife just like Proverbs 31:10-31 🙂 In the meantime, thank you for sharing.

• Jcortes….that’s the point. Train them up,pray for them and allow them to make their decisions. It is hurtful for any woman to have to deal with these things so we need to consider how we would feel if someone were to treat our daughter that way.

10. michelle says:

some people just have to be in control and are not satisfied losing control over their children

If we’ve raised them well, we don’t have to micro-manage their lives at all. They’ll make fine decisions on their own, and if they don’t, we’ll love them regardless!

12. The cartoon at the beginning made it almost impossible for me to read! I was in a relationship where the mother was so intrusive!!! I now have a son-in-law and I try to stay out of their business as much as possible. Only if I am asked something do I offer any suggestions. Do I have opinions about what I see? Yes but I shut up. We are all here to live the life we were given and not because we bore these children means we have the right to live their lives.

13. angie says:

love it while have 3 sons and good relations with all I do not get n matters of the heart no smart mom would

14. Esme Sy says:

I have a son and I don’t want to be a controlling mother. I don’t want him to choose a wife that I like just to please me.

15. Ana De-Jesus says:

So important to note that men and women alike should have their own mistakes to make without their mothers controlling what they can and can’t do!

16. miragonz says:

Keeping it real! I love this.

17. the tittle alone! lol Lord I can speak on this for hours…